ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
Зарубіжний досвід розвитку аграрного виробництва
Synergies of information systems in agriculture / Figurek Aleksandra // Ekonomika APK. - 2015. - № 2 - P. 83
Nowdays, more than ever, agricultural activity is required to run under global thinking and local action. Efficient data retrieval, and their accordingly transformation into information and knowledge, are prerequisites for both a consecutive decision-making process and management efficiency. Information and/or knowledge allows farmers to have access to the daily flow of their business activities and policy makers to monitor and evaluate agricultural measures. Nevertheless, the existence of multiple sources of information requires the implementation of integrated approaches. This paper proposes such an approach, the core of which is the accounting information systems. This approach leads to better control of manufacturing processes, as well as enhanced opportunities to achieve greater quality of agricultural products, manufacturing traceability and so on. Integration of databases relating to the agricultural sector at the macro level, on the one hand and data regarding the production capacity and operations of agricultural producers on the other, are the crucial measures that may have influence on the adjustment of agricultural policy and the creation of measures which will result in achieving the expected effects. At the macro level, there are a large amount of diverse information that permanently and intensively circulate in all directions, between agricultural holdings and a number of other users. Economic indicators on the production activities of farmers are the basis for the planning of their future business activities. Adequate control of manufacturing processes enables farmers to achieve significant market share, and to be more flexible when it comes to market needs. In the paper there is presented a conceptual model, which pointed at the possibility of analysis of functional elements that support the adoption of appropriate management decisions, then reporting, as well as application and compliance with the relevant guidelines relating to the management of the farm system and ultimate control of the production activities. Figs.: 2. Refs.: 21.
Key words: agriculture, monitoring and evaluation, information system
- André F., 1987. Vers un renouveau de la formation économique des agriculteurs. Économie Rurale 177: 53-56.
- Armstrong L., Diepeveen D., 2008. Developing an information-driven ICT framework for Agriculture. World conference on agricultural information and IT, IAALD AFITA WCCA, pp. 633-638.
- Cavallo, R.E. (1982): Systems Methodology in Social Science research: recent Developments. Kluwer nijhoff Publishing, Boston and The Hague.
- Del'homme B., 1997. Information and decision in agriculture: how relevance is management diagnosis is improved by an expert system. Proceedings of the First European Conference for Information Technology in Agriculture, First Conference, Copenhagen, EFITA, pp. 221-227.
- Demiryürek К., 2010. Information systems and communication networks for agriculture and rural people. Agric.Econ. Czech 56: (5): 209–214.
- Domeika P., 2005. Secondary Economic Information of an Enterprise and its Computerized Arrangement. Engineering Economics, Technologija 5(45): 12–18.
- Eaton C. and Shepherd A.W. (2001). Contract farming-Partnerships for growth. Аgricultural Services Bulletin, No. 145, FAO, Rome.
- Florey B., Adams J., Robinson M., 2004. Figures for a Farming Future, Getting Started in Farm Management Accounting, Using the farm accounts to point the way. Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Edited by Farm and Animal Health Economics Division, Defra, London. Av.in http://archive.defra.gov.uk/foodfarm/farmmanage/advice/documents/farmfigures1.pdf. (26 June 2013).
- Hogarth R.M., 1993. Accounting for decisions and decisions for accounting. Accounting, Organizations and Society 18(5): 407-424.
- Just D., Zilberman D., 2002. Information Systems in Agriculture. ARE Update, 6 (1): 3-6.
- Kroll J.C., 1987. Le nouveau plan comptable: les occasions perdues. Économie Rurale 180: 20-25.
- McKenna R.J., Smith B.M., 2005. Decision making as a simplification process, New conceptual perspectives. Management Decision, 43 (6): 821-836.
- Parker C.G., Campion S., Kure H., 1997. Improving the uptake of decision support systems in agriculture. Proceedings of the First European Conference for Information Technology in Agriculture, Copenhagen, Denmark: EFITA, pp.129-134.
- Röling N.G., 1988. Extension Science: increasingly preoccupied with knowledge systems. In: Sociologia Ruralis 25: 269-290.
- Sabaté P., Enciso J.P., 1997. La valoración de inmovilizados en las empresas agrarias. El caso de las plantaciones, Técnica Contable 579: 177-184.
- Santacoloma P., Röttger A., Tartanac F., 2009. Business management for small-scale agro-industries. Training Materials for Agricultural Management Marketing and Finance 8. Rome, Italy, FAO.Av. inftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/011/i0499e/i0499e00.pdf (11 Dec 2012).
- Scheuerlein A., 1997. Finanzmanagement für Landwirte. Verlags Union Agrar, München, 75 pp.
- Schnitkey G.D., Sonka S.T., 1986. Systems design procedures for farm accounting - Southern, Journal of agricultural economics, 207-214.
- Slof E.J., Argiles J.M., 2000. New opportunities for farm accounting. The European Accounting Review, Barcelona. 10 (2): 361-363.
- Sørensen C.G., Fountas S., Nash E., Pesonen L., Bochtis D., Pedersen S.M., Basso B., Blackmore S.B., 2010. Conceptual model of a future farm management information system. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. Elsevier Science Publishers B. V. Amsterdam, The Netherlands.72 (1): 37–47.
- Škorecová E., Farkašová M., 2007. Social information in managerial accounting and managerial information system. Agric. Econ. Czech 53 (8): 379-384.
Read article: 15_02_83-88.pdf