ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 330.3:637.5:636.4 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202001056
Development of the pig meat market / Kopytets N.H. // Ekonomika APK. - 2020. - № 1 - P. 56
The purpose of the article is to conduct an analytical review on the current state of development of the pig meat market, to identify problematic issues and to justify directions for improving its efficiency. Research methods. The following methods were used in the research process: abstract and logical (for formulating conclusions); benchmarking (for comparison of indicators and identify trends in their change); tabular (for visual representation of the research results); statistical (for analysis of the pig meat market); monograph (for detailing the state of the pig meat market); graphic (for identification and illustration of the trends of the research economic phenomena). Research results. It has been clarified that the pig meat market is important for the domestic economy. It has been revealed that the domestic pig meat market has experienced destabilisation recently. It has been proved an increase in the price disparity between agricultural and industrial products, deterioration of breeding work, lack of the state support for the pig industry. These factors have led to a decrease in the number of pigs and meat production, as well as decrease of its demand and exports. Problems of the pig meat market remain high production costs and high retail prices. We believe that the development of this market requires state support, which should be oriented on farmers and able to stimulate generating effective demand for pig meat. The development of the pig meat market in Ukraine will also depend on the trends of the global meat market. Elements of scientific novelty. Theoretical provisions on the development of the pig meat market were further developed. Practical significance. These approaches can be used by public authorities to make decisions regarding the settlement and stabilization of the current situation in the pig meat market. Tabl.: 1. Figs.: 2. Refs.: 20.
Key words: market; meat of pigs; production; price; consumption; development
- Vasylivskyi, S.B. (1996). Zabiini i miasni yakosti tvaryn riznykh henotypiv [The slaughter and meat qualities of animals of different genotypes]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky, 9, pp. 81-86 [In Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://ukrstat.gov.ua [In Ukrainian].
- Kalinchyk, M.V., Ilchuk, M.M., & Odyntsova, T.M. (2005). Efektyvnist vyrobnytstva ta rozvytok rynku svynyny [Production efficiency and development of the pork market]. Kyiv: Nichlava [In Ukrainian].
- Karunskyi, O. & Yaroshko, M. (2003). Osoblyvosti vedennia haluzi svynarstva na prykladakh hospodarstv Nimechchyny i Avstrii [Peculiarities of pig breeding on the examples of farms in Germany and Austria]. Propozytsiia, 8-9, pp. 74-75 [In Ukrainian].
- Kits, M.V. & Alokhina, N.S. (2015). Ekonomichna efektyvnist haluzi svynarstva u silskohospodarskykh pidpryiemstvakh Lvivshchyny [Economic efficiency of pig industry in agricultural enterprises of Lviv region]. Ekonomika APK, 6, pp. 36-40 [In Ukrainian].
- Kopytets, N.H. (2017). Rynok miasa svynei [The pig meat market]. Tsinova sytuatsiia na rynkakh produktsii tvarynnytstva v Ukraini – Price situation in livestock markets in Ukraine. (pp. 22-30). Kyiv: NNTs “IAE” [In Ukrainian].
- Kopytets, N.H. (2018). Suchasnyi stan ta tendentsii rozvytku rynku svynyny v Ukraini [Current status and trends of pork market in Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK, 11 (289), pp. 44-55 [In Ukrainian].
- Kravec, I.V. (2009). Jekologo-jekonomicheskie predposylki razvitija predprijatij svinovodstva v Ukraine [Ecological and economic preconditions for the development of pig-breeding enterprises in Ukraine]. Selskoe hozjajstvo v sovremennoj jekonomike: novaja rol, faktory rosta, riski – Agriculture in the modern economy: a new role, growth factors, risks. (pp. 500-502). Moscow: VIAPI im. A.A. Nikonova: “Jenciklopedija rossijskih dereven” [In Russian].
- Lokhonia, O.I. (2008). Stan haluzi svynarstva y vyznachennia napriamiv pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti svynyny v Ukraini [State of the pig industry and determination of directions of pork efficiency improvement in Ukraine]. Ekskliuzyv ahro, 4, pp. 43-47 [In Ukrainian].
- Lupenko, Yu.O., Pugachov, M.I., Dukhnytskyi B.V., et al. (2015). Formuvannia hlobalnoho i rehionalnoho rynkiv silskohospodarskoi syrovyny ta prodovolstva: monohrafiia [Formation of global and regional markets for agricultural raw and food: monograph]. Yu.O. Lupenko & M.I. Pugachov (Eds.). Kyiv: NNTs “IAE” [In Ukrainian].
- Mazurenko, O.V. (2015). Rozvytok innovatsiino-oriientovanoho svynarstva – kontseptualnyi pidkhid [Development of innovation-oriented pig breeding is a conceptual approach]. Ekonomika APK, 4, pp. 71-76 [In Ukrainian].
- Mazurenko, O.V. (2011). Rozvytok rynku svynyny v Ukraini [Development of pork market in Ukraine]. Biznes-navihator, 2 (23), pp. 15-20 [In Ukrainian].
- Rybalko, V. (2006). Naukovi aspekty rozviazannia problemy defitsytu svynyny v Ukraini [Scientific aspects of solving pork deficiency problem in Ukraine]. Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy, 2, pp. 2-5 [In Ukrainian].
- Rybalko, V.P. (2006). Ne tilky zbilshuvaty vyrobnytstvo, ale y ne znyzhuvaty yakist svynyny [Not only to increase production, but also not to reduce the quality of pork]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomoria, 3, T. 2, pp. 4-7 [In Ukrainian].
- Rybalko, V.P. (2003). Osoblyvosti rozvytku svitovoho y vitchyznianoho svynarstva [Features of the development of world and domestic pig production]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky, 2, pp. 27-30 [In Ukrainian].
- 16. Svynous, I.V. & Ibatullin, M.I. (2015). Suchasnyi stan svynarstva Ukrainy: problemy ta shliakhy vyrishennia [The current state of pig production in Ukraine: problems and solutions]. Produktyvnist ahropromyslovoho vyrobnytstva. Ekonomichni nauky, 7, pp. 63-67 [In Ukrainian].
- Topikha, V.S. & Topikha, V.I. (2006) .Tendentsii rozvytku haluzi svynarstva v krainakh svitu ta Ukraini [Trends in the pig industry in the world and in Ukraine]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomoria, 3, T. 2, pp. 8-14 [In Ukrainian].
- Topiha, V. & Volkov, A. (2004). Obespechenie vysokoj produktivnosti svinej i selekcionnogo processa [High productivity of pigs and breeding process]. Svinovodstvo, 1, pp. 2-3 [In Russian].
- Tryhubenko, S.V (2019). Ukraini svynyna dorozhcha, nizh u Yevrosoiuzi [In Ukraine, pork is more expensive than in the European Union]. Agropolit. Retrieved from: https://agropolit.com/news/11059-v-ukrayini-svinina-dorojcha-nij-v-yevrosoyuzi [In Ukrainian].
- Ukraintsi yidiat svynyny vdvichi menshe vid potreby [Ukrainians eat pork twice less than necessary]. (2019). Zaxid.Net. Retrieved from: https://zaxid.net/ukrayintsi_yidyat_svinini_vdvichi_menshe_vid_potrebi_n1481197 [In Ukrainian].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2020_01_p_56_64.pdf