ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 338.439.63:330.567.222 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202004104
World food consumption trends / Dukhnytskyi B.V. // Ekonomika APK. - 2020. - № 4 - P. 104
The purpose of the article is to determine quantitative and qualitative indicators in the total and individual consumption of major food groups in the world, its regions and some countries over the last decades. Research methods. Methods used: theoretical generalization - for describing typical trends on the global food market, analysis and synthesis - for considering the main indicators of food consumption and summarizing the conclusions, comparative evaluation - for contrasting statistical data in the dynamics and with estimation due to regional food markets, historical - for showing structural changes in world consumption, graphical and tabular - for optimizing the information and digital results in the article. Research results. Quantitative changes of food consumption from 1961 to 2017 in the world and its geographical regions are investigated, the energy value of a modern diet for typical inhabitant in the world with allocation its components of vegetal and animal origin is considered, the characteristics of consumption indicators in key countries of each geographical region are provided, the differentiation of expenditures for organic products, depending on the purchasing power of buyers, is analyzed, a comparison of generalized indicators in the world consumption with the corresponding data for Ukraine is made. Scientific novelty. The causes of changes in individual consumption of certain food groups and their consequences for the functioning of the global, regional and national agri-food markets at the present stage and in the near future are identified. Practical significance. The provisions of the article are aimed at actually confirming typical worldwide consumption trends and identifying differences in individual indicators with detailing about specific regions and countries that can be used by representatives of relevant public authorities and businesses in assessing and planning their activities, especially in finding new markets abroad. Tabl.: 2. Figs.: 2. Refs.: 15.
Key words: consumption, food, regions, historical data, trends, comparisons
- Balansy ta spozhyvannia osnovnykh produktiv kharchuvannia naselenniam Ukrainy. [Balances and consumption of basic food products by the population of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2019/zb/07/zb_bsoph2018_pdf.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Bilorus, O.G., Zubets, M.V., Sabluk, P.T., Vlasov, V.I. (2009). Globalna prodovolcha bezpeka [Global food security]. Kyiv: NNTs IAE [In Ukrainian].
- Boiko, V.I. (2007). Prodovolcha bezpeka Ukrainy v konteksti hlobalizatsii problemy [Food safety of Ukraine in the context of globalization problem]. Kyiv: NNTs «IAE» [In Ukrainian].
- Vlasov, V.I. (2012). Globalistyka: istoriya, teoriya: monografiia u 2 t. [Globalistics: History, Theory: monograph]. Vinnytsya: TOV «Nilan-LTD» [In Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [In Ukrainian].
- Shpychak, O.M., Lupenko, Yu.O., Zhuk, V.M., et al. (2015). Metodychni rekomendatsii shchodo otsinky yemnosti vnutrishnoho rynku silskohospodarskoi produktsii ta prodovolstva [Methodical recommendations for estimation the capacity of internal agricultural and food market]. Kyiv: NNTs «IAE» [In Ukrainian].
- Prodovolcha bezpeka v Ukraini u 2017 rotsi. Ogliad osnovnykh indykatoriv. (2018). [Food security in Ukraine in 2017. Key indicators overview]. Retrieved from: http://edclub.com.ua/analityka/prodovolcha-bezpeka-v-ukrayini-u-2017-roci-oglyad-osnovnyh-indykatoriv [In Ukrainian].
- Sychevskiy, M.P. (2019). Globalna prodovolcha bezpeka ta mistse Ukrainy v yii dosiagnenni [Global food security and Ukraine’s place in it’s achieving]. Ekonomika APK, 1, pp. 6–17 [In Ukrainian].
- Federatsiia organichnogo rukhu Ukrainy [Federation of Organic Movement of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.organic.com.ua [In Ukrainian].
- Lupenko, Yu.O., Pugachov, M.I., Dukhnytskyi, B.V., et al. (2015). Formuvannia globalnoho i regionalnogo rynkiv silskogospodarskoi syrovyny ta prodovolstva: monografiia [Formation of global and regional markets for agricultural raw and food: monograph]. Kyiv: NNTs «IAE» [In Ukrainian].
- FAOSTAT. Retrieved from: http://www.fao.org/faostat/en [In English].
- OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2019‑2028 (2019). Retrieved from: http://www.fao.org/3/ca4076en/ca4076en.pdf [In English].
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2018 (2018). Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Retrieved from: http://www.fao.org/3/I9553EN/i9553en.pdf [In English].
- The State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World 2019 (2019). Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Retrieved from: http://www.fao.org/3/ca5162en/ca5162en.pdf [In English].
- The World of Organic Agriculture 2020 (2020). Organic World. Retrieved from: https://www.organic-world.net/yearbook/yearbook-2020/pdf.html [In English].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2020_4_p_104_110.pdf