ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 338.43 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202008052
Управління та інформаційне забезпечення
Genesis and development of agricultural advisory services in Ukraine / Bezus R.M., Dubchak M.O. // Ekonomika APK. - 2020. - № 8 - P. 52
The purpose of the article is to investigate the initiation, current issues, and further development of agricultural advisory services in Ukraine. Research methods. The research uses dialectical methods of cognition and monographic method (for the analysis of legislation, works of Ukrainian and foreign scientists on the problem of advisory services in agriculture), empirical and graphical methods (to assess and demonstrate the structure of organizational forms and marketing methods of advisory services), abstract logical methods (for theoretical generalizations and formulation of conclusions). Research results. The study has highlighted that agricultural advisory services institution is a powerful tool to help smallholders in Ukraine break the cycle of low productivity, vulnerability, and poverty. By providing farmers with knowledge and tools about modern agricultural practices, agricultural advisory services can be a critical force for change. However, the development of these organizations in Ukraine now meets such challenges as low level of governmental support for agriculture advisory activities, understaffing of agricultural advisory services, and confusing mechanisms of cooperation with formal institutions for agricultural advisory services organizations in Ukraine etc. Scientific novelty. This study has investigated the current perspectives and challenges of agricultural advisory services in Ukraine. It has highlighted perspective points of development and improvement for such organizations to support further rural development in Ukraine. In particular, governmental development programs to promote the agricultural advisory activities for both rural smallholder farmers and local authorities, creating the mechanisms of cooperation between agricultural advisory service organizations and formal institutions in Ukraine, support of professional development for advisors and experts, etc. Practical significance. Summarising the achieved and analysed data, scientists and policymakers to develop the support programs for agricultural advisory service organizations to support rural smallholder businesses and to improve the living standards of rural communities may use the results of the study. Tabl.: 2. Figs.: 3. Refs.: 14.
Key words: agricultural advisory services; farming cooperatives; rural development; advisors; expert advisors; smallholder business
- Bezkrovnyi, M.F. (2009). Orhanizatsiia informatsiino-konsultatsiinoi diialnosti [Organization of information and consulting activities]. Kyiv: Karavela [In Ukrainian].
- Bondarchuk, N.V. (2010). Informatsiino-konsultatsiini posluhy v silskomu hospodarstvi: dosvid krain z rozvynenoiu ekonomikoiu. [Information and consulting services in agriculture: the experience of countries with developed economies]. Efektyvna ekonomika, 1. Retreived from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=107 [In Ukrainian].
- Halych, O.A., & Sosnovska, O.O. (2007). Silskohospodarske doradnytstvo: navch. posibnyk [Agricultural advisory: training manual]. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury [In Ukrainian].
- Yedyna kompleksna stratehiia rozvytku silskoho hospodarstva ta silskykh terytorii na 2015–2020 roky [Integrated Strategy for the Development of Agriculture and Rural Areas for 2015-2020]. Ministerstvo ahrarnoi polityky ta prodovolstva Ukrainy. Retreived from http://minagro.gov.ua/node/16017 [In Ukrainian].
- Kalna-Dubiniuk, T.P. et al. (2014). Formuvannia ta rozvytok systemy doradnytstva v Ukraini : monohrafiia [Formation and development of an advisory services system in Ukraine: monograph]. Nizhyn: Vydavets PP Lysenko M. M. [In Ukrainian].
- Kropyvko, M.F. (1996). Informatsiine zabezpechennia ahropromyslovoho vyrobnytstva Ukrainy v rynkovykh umovakh: monohrafiia [Information support of agro-industrial production of Ukraine in market conditions: monograph]. Kyiv: IAE UAAN [In Ukrainian].
- Kulaiets, M.M., Bezkrovnyi, M.F. (2010). Zakonodavche vrehuliuvannia nadannia sotsialno spriamovanykh doradchykh posluh vyshchymy ahrarnymy navchalnymy zakladamy [Legislative regulation of provision of socially advisory services by higher agricultural educational institution]. Ahroinkom, 7–9, pp. 74–76 [In Ukrainian].
- Natsionalna asotsiatsiia silskohospodarskykh doradchykh sluzhb Ukrainy [The National Association of Agricultural Advisory Services of Ukraine]. (2016). Retrieved from http://www.dorada.org.ua/about.html [In Ukrainian].
- Pro silskohospodarsku doradchu diialnist: Zakon Ukrainy vid 17.06.2004 # 1807-IV [On Agricultural Advisory Activities: Law of Ukraine from 17.06.2004 No. 1807-IV]. Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy. Retrieved from: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1807-15 [In Ukrainian].
- Stelmashchuk, A.M., Smoleniuk, P.S. (2011). Doradnytstvo: navch. posib. [Counseling: tutorial]. Khmelnytskyi: PP Honta A.S. [In Ukrainian].
- Anne, W., Van den Ban. (2010). Different ways of financing agricultural extension. Agricultural Research & Extension Network, Network paper, 106, pp. 1-8 [In English].
- Burton, E. Swanson. (2008). Global Review of Good Agricultural Extension and Advisory Service. Food and agriculture organization of the United Nations (FAO), Rome. Retrieved from http://www.fao.org/3/i0261e/i0261e00.htm [In English].
- Naswem, A.A., Daudu, S. & Ejembi, E.P. (2013). Legislated Policy as the Basis for Effective Extension Delivery. Journal of Agricultural Extension, vol. 12 (2), pp. 4-8 [In English].
- . Quamar, M.K. (2005). Modernizing National Agricultural Extension Systems: A Practical Guide for Policy-Makers of Developing Countries. Rome: Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations [In English].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2020_8_p_52_59.pdf