ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 338.439(477) DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202008081
Інституціональні проблеми розвитку аграрної сфери
Formation of component determinants of the institutional environment of the economy of Ukraine / Termosa I.O. // Ekonomika APK. - 2020. - № 8 - P. 81
The purpose of the article is to study aspects of the formation of component determinants of the institutional environment of the economy of Ukraine, to determine effective and ineffective but operating institutions, to define the interpretation of the concept of the "institutional economic environment," to form, on the basis of dependence on the previous development path, an algorithm for introducing a new institution, as well as to determine the optimal regime for its development. Research methods. Dialectical methods of knowledge of processes and phenomena, a monographic method (analysis of the evolution of scientific achievements of Ukrainian and foreign scientists regarding the effectiveness of the functioning of institutions and institutions), comparative analysis (the main differences between effective and ineffective institutions are determined), empirical (comprehensive assessment and analysis of the object of study), abstract-logical (theoretical generalization and formation of conclusions) were used. Research results. Aspects of formation of components of determinants of institutional economic environment of national economy of Ukraine were studied. The main interpretations of the concept of "institutions" were highlighted, their impact on the formation of the institutional economic environment was studied. The essence of effective and inefficient institutions is disclosed and their generalized author's list is provided. The mechanism of formation of the institutional economic environment taking into account the previous development path was investigated, as well as the author's vision of the optimal regime of its development was determined. An algorithm for introducing a new institution into the institutional economic environment has been developed on the basis of dependence on previous development. Scientific novelty. Theoretical and practical provisions on the process of forming the components of the determinants of an effective institutional economic environment of the national economy of Ukraine have been further developed; the author's concept of an "institutional economic environment" is formed by which it is proposed to mean a set of existing institutions and institutions (norms), the general set of which may include both effective and ineffective, but still functioning, which ensure the functioning, interaction and development of agents in the economic environment of both the individual territory and the state as a whole; A summary of effective and inefficient but still functioning institutions in the modern institutional economic environment; proposed the author's vision of the regime of development of the institutional economic environment, which is based on the middle development regime, in which there is incomplete replacement of existing institutions, as well as the introduction of new ones aimed at the general improvement of the functioning of the institutional economic environment; proposed is an improved algorithm for introducing a new institution (norm) to form the institutional economic environment of Ukraine. Practical significance. The main provisions set out in the article contain certain methodological and practical recommendations on the formation of an effective institutional economic environment in Ukraine. Institutions and institutions can be both effective and ineffective. The introduction of a new institution requires considerable effort to establish itself in a certain institution and to have a positive impact on the functioning institutional economic environment. Using dependence on previous development, it is possible to investigate how effective one or another institution functioning is. Tabl.: 3. Figs.: 3. Refs.: 25.
Key words: institutes; institutions; norms; institutional traps; institutional environment; institutional economic environment; path dependence
- Boldyrieva, L.M. (2017). Formuvannia instytutsiinoho seredovyshcha ahroprodovolchoho sektora ekonomiky [Formation of the institutional environment of the agri-food sector of the economy]. Ahrosvit, 4, pp. 10-15 [In Ukrainian].
- Vol'chik, V.V. (2003). Institucionalizm: vtorichnost' novogo mifa? (vozmozhnosti i pridely institucional'noj jekonomiki) [Institutionalism: The secondary nature of the new myth? (institutional economic opportunities and facilities)]. Jekonomicheskij vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, vol. 1(1), pp. 126-134 [in Russian]
- Dehtiarova, O.O., Pudycheva, H.O. (2014). Zalezhnist vid poperednoho rozvytku («path dependence») ukrainskoi enerhetychnoi systemy [Dependence on the previous development ("path dependence") of the Ukrainian energy system]. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky, 1(151), рр. 79-85 [In Ukrainian]
- Dehtiarova, O.O. (2013). Vplyv zalezhnosti vid poperednoho rozvytku na transformatsiiu ekonomichnykh system [Impact of dependence on previous development on the transformation of economic systems]. Visnyk sotsialno-ekonomichnykh doslidzhen, 2(49), рр. 104-108 [In Ukrainian].
- Latynin, M.A., Zaskalkina, O.M. (2017). Perspektyvy rozvytku mekhanizmiv derzhavnoho rehuliuvannia instytutsionalnoho seredovyshcha v ahrarnomu sektori ekonomiky Ukrainy [Prospects for the development of mechanisms of state regulation of the institutional environment in the agricultural sector of the economy of Ukraine]. Mizhnarodnyi naukovyi zhurnal «Internauka», 10(32), pp. 14-22. [In Ukrainian].
- Latov, Ju.V., Nureev, R.M. (2005). Teorija zavisimosti ot predshestvujushhego razvitija v kontekste institucional'noj jekonomicheskoj istorii [Theory of dependence on prior development in the context of institutional economic history]. Retrieved from: http://ecsocman.hse.ru/text/16213105/ [in Russian].
- Lopatynskyi, Yu.M. (2006). Transformatsiia ahrarnoho sektora : instytutsionalni zasady : Monohrafiia [Transformation of the agricultural sector: institutional foundations : Monograph]. Chernivtsi: Ruta. [In Ukrainian].
- Lopatynskyi, Yu.M., Todoriuk, S.I. (2015). Determinanty staloho rozvytku ahrarnykh pidpryiemstv : monohrafiia [Determinants of sustainable development of agricultural enterprises: Monograph]. Chernivtsi: Chernivetskyi nats. un-t. [In Ukrainian].
- Malik, M.Y., Shpykuliak, O.H. (2011). Instytuty ta instytutsii u rozvytku ahrarnoi sfery ekonomiky [Institutions in the development of the agrarian sphere of the economy]. Ekonomika APK, 7, pp. 169-177 [In Ukrainian].
- Mesel-Veseliak, V.Ya. (2010). Orhanizatsiino-ekonomichni umovy rozvytku ahrarnoho vyrobnytstva v Ukraini [Organizational and economic conditions for the development of agricultural production in Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK, 9, pp. 3-12 [In Ukrainian].
- Nort, D. (1997). Institucional'nye izmenenija : ramki analiza [Institutional changes: framework for analysis]. Voprosi jekonomiki, 3, pp. 6-17 [in Russian].
- Nort, D. (2000). Instytutsii, instytutsiina zmina ta funktsionuvannia ekonomiky [Institutions, institutional changes and functioning of the economy] (I. Dziub, Trans). Kyiv : Osnovy [In Ukrainian].
- Polterovich, V.M. (1999). Institucional'nye lovushki i jekonomicheskie reformy [Institutional traps and economic reforms]. Moskva: CJeMI RAN i RJeSh [in Russian].
- Sabluk, P.T. (2010). Rozvytok instytutsii udoskonalennia mekhanizmu reformuvannia ahrarnoho sektoru ekonomiky [Development of institutes of improvement of the mechanism of reforming of the agrarian sector of economy]. Ekonomika APK, 10, pp. 3-11 [In Ukrainian].
- Sorokina, S.G. (1984). Torstejn Veblen i ego kniga «Teorija prazdnogo klassa» [Torstein Veblen and his book "The Theory of the Idle Class"]. Moskva: Progress [in Russian].
- Fertikova, T.M. (2010). Instytutsiina ekonomika [Institutional economy]. Mykolaiv: ChDU im. P. Mohyly [In Ukrainian].
- Shpykuliak, O.H. (2010). Ekonomichni instytutsii ta instytuty u rozvytku teorii rynku [Economic institutions in the development of market theory]. Ekonomika APK, 1, рр. 159-165 [In Ukrainian].
- Shpykuliak, O.H. (2010). Instytutsii u rozvytku ta rehuliuvanni ahrarnoho rynku: monohrafiia [Institutions in the development and regulation of the agricultural market: monograph]. Kyiv. NNTs "IAE" [In Ukrainian].
- Arthur, W.B. (1989). Competing Technologies, Increasing Returns, and Lock-In by Historical Events. The Economic Journal, 394, рр. 116-131 [In English].
- David, Р. (1985). Clio and the Economics of QWERTY. Amer. Econ. Rev., 2, pp. 332–337 [In English].
- Hämäläinen, Lahtinen (2016). Path Dependence in Operational Research - How the Modeling Process Can Influence the Results Operations Research Perspectives, pp. 14-20 [In English]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orp.2016.03.001
- Lahtinen, Guillaume, Hämäläinen (2017).Why pay attention to paths in the practice of environmental modelling? Environmental Modelling and Software, pp. 74-81 [In English]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsoft.2017.02.019
- Lahtinen, Hämäläinen (2016). Path dependence and biases in the even swaps decision analysis method. European Journal of Operational Research, 249(3): 890-898 [In English]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2015.09.056
- The global competitiveness report 2017-2019. Retrieved from: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/GCR20172018/05FullReport/TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2017%E2%80%932018.pdf. http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2019.pdf
- Thrane, S., Blaabjerg, S., & Møller, R.H. (2010). Innovative path dependence: Making sense of product and service innovation in path dependent innovation processes. Research policy, 39(7), рр. 932-944 [In English]. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2010.04.003
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2020_8_p_81_92.pdf