ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 339.13 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202101043
The state of competition in the varieties and seed varieties markets of soft winter wheat of domestic selection / Buniak N.M., Danylko I.M. // Ekonomika APK. - 2021. - № 1 - P. 43
The purpose of the article is to analyze the state of competition in the market of varieties and the market of seeds of wheat varieties of soft winter domestic selection in Ukraine. Research methods. The research methodology is based on an integrated approach to studying the state of competition and competitive advantages. The following methods were used: statistical and economic in determining the role of individual applicants in the formation of supply on the market of varieties; graphic and tabular - for visual display of the results of scientific research. Research results. It has been determined that the subjects of seed production in different markets, markets for seeds of varieties and markets for varieties, act in different roles. The methods of commercialization of varieties as objects of intellectual property have been determined. Based on the results of the grouping of varieties according to the volume of seed production, six varieties of leaders were identified in terms of distribution in the fields of agricultural producers. A group of originators holding leading positions in the varieties markets has been formed, a forecast of changes in the near future has been made and such changes are justified among the leaders. The total number of entities that form the supply in the markets of varieties and seeds of varieties, the total volume of supply of seeds in the context of varieties, categories and geography of its production have been determined. Based on the analysis of the situation in the regional markets for seeds of soft winter wheat varieties, it was concluded that it is extremely variegated, both in terms of demand, real demand and actual supply in the context of regions. The influence of private selection on the market of varieties and seeds of varieties has been determined. Scientific novelty. The study made it possible to determine the peculiarities of competition in the markets of varieties and seeds of wheat varieties of winter soft domestic selection. The issues of the market of varieties as objects of intellectual property were further developed. Practical significance. The results of the study can be used by domestic scientific institutions to promote their own varieties, organize marketing work for realizing a real impact on the market of varieties and seeds of varieties. Tabl.: 4. Refs.: 14.
Key words: competition; market; variety, seed; variety owners; the subject of seed production; royalties
- Ansoff, I. (1985). Planirovanie budushhego korporacii [Planning the future of the corporation]. M.: Progress [In Russian].
- Ansoff, I. (2001). Strategicheskoe upravlenie [Strategic management]. SPb.: Terra [In Russian].
- Varnalii, Z.S. (2015). Konkurentsiia i pidpryiemnytstvo: monohrafiia. [Competition and entrepreneurship: monograph]. Kyiv: Znannia Ukrainy [In Ukrainian].
- Heiets, V.M. & Mazaraki, M.M. (2008). Priorytety natsionalnoho ekonomichnoho rozvytku v konteksti hlobalizatsiinykh vyklykiv: monohrafiia [Priorities of national economic development in the context of globalization challenges: monograph]. Kyiv: NTEU [In Ukrainian].
- Derzhavnyi reiestr sortiv prydatnykh dlia poshyrennia v Ukraini za 2018 rik [State Register of Varieties Suitable for Distribution in Ukraine for 2018]. Retrieved from: https://www.sops.gov.ua/uploads/page/5aa63108e441e.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Sadovska, I., Matviiets, V., Stoliarchuk, N. & Kozak, M. (2020). Doslidzhennia rynku naukoiemnoi produktsii Prykarpatskoi DSHDS [Market research of science-intensive products of the Precarpathian State Agricultural Research Station]. Ekonomichnyi chasopys Skhidnoievropeiskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Lesi Ukrainky, 2, pp. 54-62 [In Ukrainian].
- Zakharchuk, O.V. (2009). Sort yak innovatsiina osnova rozvytku roslynnytstva [Variety as an innovative basis for crop development]. Ahroinkom, 5-8, pp. 17-22 [In Ukrainian].
- Zakharchuk, O.V. (2009). Teoretyko-metodolohichni osnovy funktsionuvannia rynku sortiv roslyn [Theoretical and methodological foundations of the market of plant varieties]. Kyiv: Alfera [In Ukrainian].
- Ohiichuk, M.F., Orlov, V.V., Vasylishyn, S.I., et al. (2019). Orhanizatsiino-ekonomichne rehuliuvannia efektyvnoho vyrobnytstva nasinnia zernovykh kultur vysokykh heneratsii ta yoho oblikovo-analitychne zabezpechennia: monohrafiia [Organizational and economic regulation of efficient production of seeds of cereals of high generations and its accounting and analytical support: monograph]. M.F. Ohiichuk (Ed.). Kharkiv: FOP Brovin O.V. [In Ukrainian].
- Porter, M. (1993). Mezhdunarodnaja konkurencija [International competition]. (V.D. Shhetinina, Trans). M.: Mezhdunarordnye otnoshenija [In Russian].
- Pro okhoronu prav na sorty roslyn : Zakon Ukrainy # 3116-KhII vid 21.04.1993 r. [On protection of plant variety rights: Law of Ukraine No. 3116-ХІІ from 21.04.1993]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/3116-12#Text [In Ukrainian].
- Reiestr sertyfikativ na posivni yakosti nasinnia za 2018 rik [Register of certificates for sowing quality of seeds for 2018]. Retrieved from: https://agro.me.gov.ua/storage/app/uploads/public/5cb/046/3c7/5cb0463c73cc1026187679.xls [In Ukrainian].
- Smit, A. (2001). Dobrobut natsii. Doslidzhennia pro pryrodu ta prychyny dobrobutu natsii [The welfare of nations. Research on the nature and causes of the well-being of nations]. K.: Port_Royal [In Ukrainian].
- Shubravska, O.V. (2012). Rozvytok selektsiinoi diialnosti ta rynku selektsiinoi produktsii v Ukraini ta sviti [Development of selection activity and market of selection products in Ukraine and the world]. Ekonomika i prohnozuvannia, 2, pp. 86-89 [In Ukrainian].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2021_01_p_43_52.pdf