ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 338.43:633.1 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202102048
Grain market in Ukraine: analysis of the current state and development prospects / Cheremisina S.H. // Ekonomika APK. - 2021. - № 2 - P. 48
The purpose of the article is to conduct a comprehensive analysis of the grain market of Ukraine and justify priority measures for its further stabilization, increase competitiveness and increase efficiency. Research methods. In the process of research a number of methods were used: abstract-logical - to formulate conclusions; comparative analysis - to compare indicators and identify trends in their change; tabular - for a visual representation of the results of the study; statistical - in determining the variation in the volume of grain production; calculation and design - to develop balances of cereals and justify their forecast indicators; monographic - detailing the current state and problems of the grain market of Ukraine; graphic - to illustrate market trends in the studied grain market. Research results. The tendency of significant growth of production and export of grain crops in Ukraine is revealed. It is investigated that there is a steady increase in supply in the grain market, which is formed mainly due to production volumes. The result of a comprehensive analysis of export flows in the grain market of Ukraine is a developed forecast of grain exports. The forecast balance of grain and leguminous crops by main types has been developed. The price situation on the domestic grain market in terms of major crops is analyzed and the world grain market situation is studied. Priority measures have been systematized that will contribute to the further development of the domestic grain market and the strengthening of Ukraine's leading position in the world grain market. Scientific novelty. Methodological and practical aspects of studying the problems of the grain market and developing directions for sustainable development of the grain complex of Ukraine have been further developed. Practical significance. These approaches and research results can be used by public and sectoral authorities in the organization of monitoring and development of priority measures to increase the competitiveness of domestic grain potential in world markets. Tabl.: 4. Figs.: 5. Refs.: 13.
Key words: grain; grain market; grain market conjuncture; production; exports; price; development; efficiency
- Holomsha, N.Ye. & Dziadykevych, O.Ya. (2017). Konkurentni perevahy produktsii zernovoi haluzi na svitovomu rynku [Competitive advantages of grain products on the world market]. Ekonomika APK, 11, pp. 61–65. [In Ukrainian].
- Shpychak, O.M., Lupenko, Yu.O., Zhuk, V.M., et al. (2013). Yemnist vnutrishnoho spozhyvchoho rynku silskohospodarskoi produktsii ta prodovolstva : monohrafiia [Capacity of the domestic consumer market of agricultural products and food : monograph], Kyiv : NNTs «IAE» [In Ukrainian].
- Zа кulisami millionov tonn jeksporta [Behind the scenes of millions of tons of exports]. Retrieved from : https://www.epravda.com.ua/rus/columns/2021/02/18/671144/ [In Russian].
- Kvasha, S.M., Ilchuk, M.M. & Konoval, I.A. (2013). Ekonomichne obgruntuvannia prohramy vyrobnytstva zerna pshenytsi v Ukraini [Economic substantiation of the wheat grain production program in Ukraine]. Ekonomika APK, 3, pp. 16–24. [In Ukrainian].
- Kozak, O.A. & Hryshchenko, O.Yu. (2016). Rozvytok zernovoi haluzi Ukrainy na suchasnomu etapi [Development of the grain industry of Ukraine at the present stage]. Ekonomika APK, 1, pp. 38–47. [In Ukrainian].
- Lahodiienko, V.V., Bohdanov, O.O. & Lahodiienko, V.V. (2019). Mistse ta rol Ukrainy na svitovomu rynku pshenytsi [Ukraine's place and role in the world wheat market]. Ukrainskyi zhurnal prykladnoi ekonomiky, 3, pp. 297-308. [In Ukrainian].
- Mesel-Veseliak, V.Ya. (2018). Vyrobnytstvo zernovykh kultur v Ukraini: potentsiini mozhlyvosti [Cereal production in Ukraine: potential opportunities]. Ekonomika APK, 5, pp. 5–14. [In Ukrainian].
- Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky [Ukrainy Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from : http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [In Ukrainian].
- Ilchuk, M.M., Konoval, I.A., Baranovska, O.D. & Yevtushenko, V.D. (2019). Rozvytok rynku zerna v Ukraini ta yoho stabilizatsiia [Development of the grain market in Ukraine and its stabilization], Ekonomika APK, 4, pp. 29-38. [In Ukrainian].
- Sait Ministerstva ekonomiky, torhivli ta silskoho hospodarstva Ukrainy [Website of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine]. Retrieved from : https://www.me.gov.ua/News/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id=64f0528b-6e09-484d-8a40-38006a75f33b&title=ZHniva2020-VUkrainiVzheZibranoMaizhe62-5-MlnTonnZern [In Ukrainian].
- Shpychak, O.M. (2014). Potentsial rynku zerna v Ukraini: problemy ta perspektyvy [Grain market potential in Ukraine: problems and prospects]. Ekonomika APK, 7, pp. 83-91. [In Ukrainian].
- FAO Cereal Supply and Demand Brief. (2021). Retrieved from : http://www.fao.org/worldfoodsituation/csdb/en/ [In English].
- USDA United States Department of Agriculture Foreign Agricultural Service (2021). Retrieved from : https://www.fas.usda.gov/regions/ukraine [In English].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2021_02_p_48_58.pdf