ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 657-044.922 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202102059
Фінансові відносини та бухгалтерський облік
Identification of differences in accounting as a branch of scientific knowledge and practice: the basis of transformatinal shifts / Bardash S.V., Kuzyk N.P. // Ekonomika APK. - 2021. - № 2 - P. 59
The purpose of the article is to prove the existence of essential differences between the elements of the accounting system as a science and practice and determine the elements of accounting theory to state the emergence of new theories and identify the development of accounting as a branch of scientific knowledge. Research methods. In the process of the study, methods inherent in modern philosophy of science were used: a dialectical approach (to reveal the essence of accounting as a branch of knowledge and practical activity) in combination with historiographic (in the study of the system of scientific knowledge in scientific circles on the variability of accounting theories) and comparative analytical methods (to determine the elements of the accounting system in scientific, theoretical and practical aspects, to build an integrated system, as well as to disclose the relationships between individual elements and its subsystems). Research results. The expediency of identifying the elements of the accounting system as scientific knowledge, as well as the elements of the accounting system as a type of practical activity has been substantiated and their essence has been clarified. It has been proved that the accounting theory can be recognized as new if there is an actual, and not an imaginary change in information requests, which will predetermine the emergence of new or new accounting concepts, as a result of which the accounting theory will be transformed. Scientific novelty. The theoretical provisions on the assessment of the general genesis of accounting as a system of scientific knowledge were further developed. The direction and argumentation of the controversy regarding its inevitable transformation gives grounds to assert that accounting science, like other accounting and analytical sciences, can have two or more theories. The fundamental foundations have been laid regarding the addition of an integrated accounting object, provides for further clarification of its purpose, the allocation of new tasks, principles, methods and techniques of accounting. Practical significance. The practical significance lies in determining the development trajectory of accounting as a branch of scientific knowledge and further using the system of new scientific knowledge to solve the problems of accounting practice. Figs.: 1. Refs.: 19.
Key words: science; theory; Accounting; accounting system; accounting theory; accounting practice
- Bardash, S.V. (2016). Ontolohiia multyvariantnosti teorii bukhhalterskoho obliku [Ontology of multivariate accounting theory]. Oblik i finansy, 4(74), pp. 8-15 [In Ukrainian].
- Holov, S. (2012). Stan naukovykh doslidzhen z bukhhalterskoho obliku v Ukraini: deiaki sposterezhennia [The state of accounting research in Ukraine: some observations]. Bukhhalterskyi oblik i audyt, 7, pp. 3-9 [In Ukrainian].
- Holov, S. (2011). Suchasni pidkhody do teorii bukhhalterskoho obliku [Modern approaches to accounting theory]. Bukhhalterskyi oblik i audyt, 3, pp. 18-23 [In Ukrainian].
- Holov, S.F. (2007). Bukhhalterskyi oblik v Ukraini: analiz stanu ta perspektyvy rozvytku : monohrafiia [Accounting in Ukraine: analysis of the state and prospects of development: monograph]. Kyiv : MIM ; Tsentr uchbovoi literatury [In Ukrainian].
- Holov, S.F. (2013). Rol ekonomichnykh teorii u podalshomu rozvytku bukhhalterskoho obliku [The role of economic theories in the further development of accounting]. Bukhhalterskyi oblik i audyt, 8, pp. 3-9 [In Ukrainian].
- Hrytsyshen, D.O. (2016). Oblikovo-analitychne zabezpechennia upravlinnia ekonomiko-ekolohichnoiu bezpekoiu pidpryiemstv [Accounting and analytical support of economic and environmental safety of enterprises]. Doctor’s thesis. Zhytomyr [In Ukrainian].
- Zhuk, V.M. (2009). Kontseptsiia rozvytku bukhhalterskoho obliku v ahrarnomu sektori ekonomiky : monohrafiia [The concept of accounting development in the agricultural sector of the economy: monograph]. Kyiv : NNTs IAE [In Ukrainian].
- Zhuk, V.M., Popko, Ye.Yu. & Shenderivska, Yu.L. (2020). Bukhhalterskyi oblik: perehliad predmeta i nazvy profesii [Accounting: review of the subject and the name of the profession]. Oblik i finansy, 1(87), pp. 36-44 [In Ukrainian].
- Ivakhnenkov, S.V. & Konber, Dzh. (2015). Pidkhody vchenykh SShA do metodolohii nauky: plan vyvchennia z metoiu reformuvannia doslidzhen biznesu v Ukraini [Approaches of US scientists to the methodology of science: a study plan to reform business research in Ukraine]. Naukovi zapysky. Ekonomichni nauky, vol. 172, pp. 33-38 [In Ukrainian].
- Izmailov, Ya.O. (2018). Bukhhalterskyi oblik ta analiz hospodarskoi diialnosti pidpryiemstv v umovakh investytsiino-innovatsiinoho rozvytku ekonomiky Ukrainy [Accounting and analysis of economic activity of enterprises in terms of investment and innovation development of the economy of Ukraine]. Doctor’s thesis. Zhytomyr [In Ukrainian].
- Kulyk, V.A. (2017). Bukhhalterskyi oblik diialnosti pidpryiemstv elektronnoho biznesu: teoriia, metodolohiia ta orhanizatsiia [Accounting of e-business enterprises: theory, methodology and organization]. Doctor’s thesis. Zhytomyr [In Ukrainian].
- Lehenchuk, S.F. (2012). Bukhhalterske teoretychne znannia: vid teorii do metateorii : monohrafiia [Accounting theoretical knowledge : from theory to metatheory: monograph]. Zhytomyr : ZhDTU [In Ukrainian].
- Osadcha, T.S. (2017). Bukhhalterskyi oblik ta analiz renty: teoriia i metodolohiia [Accounting and rent analysis: theory and methodology]. Doctor’s thesis. Zhytomyr [In Ukrainian].
- Ostapchuk, T.P. (2019). Teoriia ta metodolohiia bukhhalterskoho obliku zemelnykh aktyviv ta prav na nykh [Theory and methodology of accounting for land assets and rights to them]. Doctor’s thesis. Zhytomyr [In Ukrainian].
- Plakhtii, T.F. (2018). Rozvytok teorii i metodolohii obliku na osnovi yakisnoho pidkhodu [Development of accounting theory and methodology based on a qualitative approach]. Doctor’s thesis. Zhytomyr [In Ukrainian].
- Usatenko, O.V. (2018). Bukhhalterskyi obliku i analiz venchurnoi diialnosti [Accounting and analysis of venture activity]. Doctor’s thesis. Zhytomyr [In Ukrainian].
- Yukhymenko-Nazaruk, I.A. (2018). Rozvytok teorii ta metodolohii bukhhalterskoho obliku v konteksti neoinstytutsiinoi teorii [Development of accounting theory and methodology in the context of neo-institutional theory]. Doctor’s thesis. Zhytomyr [In Ukrainian].
- Sterling, R.R. (1970). On Theory Construction and Verification. The Accounting Review, vol. 45 (3), pp. 444-457 [In English].
- Sterling, R.R. (1967). A Statement of Basic Accounting Theory: A Review Article. Journal of Accounting Research, 5, pp. 95-112 [In English].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2021_02_p_59_70.pdf