ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 631.1 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202106026
Економіка агропромислового виробництва
Development of the agricultural sector of Ukrainian economy in conditions of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic / Shpykuliak O.H., Khodakivska O.V., Pugachov M.I., Hryshchenko O.Yu. // Ekonomika APK. - 2021. - № 6 - P. 26
The purpose of the article is to carry out an analytical assessment of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the development of the agricultural sector of the Ukrainian economy. Research methods. The research toolkit of the discourse on the issues considered in the article includes general scientific and economic methods, the classical methodology of understanding the foundations of economic management in market conditions, scientific developments of scientists on overcoming crisis phenomena in the socio-economic system, as well as publications and materials of analysis by scientists of the impact of quarantine associated with the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, on the development of the agricultural sector of the economy. To carry out empirical assessments and identify trends in changing the effects of the functioning of the agricultural sector of the economy, monographic, normative and positive approaches were used, as well as methods of abstract-logical cognition, an index method, a method for summarizing results - to formulate conclusions and recommendations for the future. Research results. The effective part of the study contains assessments of the effectiveness of the economic potential of the agricultural sector of Ukraine's economy in the context of restrictive measures to contain the COVID-19 pandemic by identifying the most sensitive segments of interaction of stakeholders in the industry. The tendencies of structural changes and the dynamics of employment of the population in agricultural activities are established, the structure of entrepreneurial formations in connection with the factor of the COVID-19 pandemic and the measures of the state and local authorities to contain it are characterized. The article shows the effects of market interaction of micro-, meso- and macro-level stakeholders with the disclosure of the dynamics of positioning of the national agro-consumer complex in the global agricultural market. The relationship between the effectiveness of the development of the agrarian sector of the Ukrainian economy in the conditions of quarantine to contain the COVID-19 pandemic with the national characteristics of the structure and specialization of production, the composition of business formations, food supply models and the main sales channels has been proved. Scientific novelty. The national specifics of the development and the peculiarities of the formation of the efficiency and functioning of the agricultural sector of the Ukrainian economy in the conditions of the quarantine measures to contain the COVID-19 pandemic are determined, the place of the industry in the development of the national economy is characterized, taking into account the trends of an unstable market and the transitivity of product sales channels. Practical significance. The study results can be taken into account when developing priority areas and prospects for the development of the agricultural sector of Ukraine's economy in conditions of institutional market instability and deformation of the economic mechanism due to the introduction of restrictions to contain pandemics. Tabl.: 11. Figs.: 10. Refs.: 10.
Key words: agricultural sector; quarantine measures; management; efficiency; the COVID-19 pandemic; income; market
- Khodakivska, O.V., Puhachov, M.I., Patyka, N.I., Shpykuliak, O.H. & Mohylnyi, O.M. (2020). Vplyv COVID-19 na ahrarnyi sektor ta prodovolchu bezpeku derzhavy [Impact of the COVID-19 on the agrarian sector and country’s food security]. Ekonomika APK, 12, pp. 6–21 [In Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202012006
- Zakha, D., Movchan, V., Kravchuk, V., Kirkhner, R. & Polushkin, H. (2020). Ekonomichnyi vplyv pandemii Covid-19 na Ukrainu : analitychne doslidzhennia [Economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on Ukraine: analytical survey]. Berlin Economics. Retrieved from: https://rpr.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/GET_UKR_PS_01_2020_ua.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Mohylnyi, O.M., Patyka, N.I. & Hryshchenko, O.Yu. (2021). Vplyv karantynnykh obmezhen, pov’iazanykh iz COVID-19, na rynok pratsi ta zainiatist u silskii mistsevosti [Impact of the COVID-19 quarantine restrictions on labor market and rural employment]. Ekonomika APK, 4, pp. 51-67 [In Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202104051
- Naslidky epidemii COVID-19 ta karantynnykh zakhodiv dlia providnykh sektoriv ekonomiky Ukrainy [Consequences of the COVID-19 epidemic and quarantine measures for the leading sectors of the Ukrainian economy]. (2020). Doslidzhennia za rezultatamy hlybynnykh interv’iu z vlasnykamy ta top-menedzheramy ukrainskykh kompanii. Kyiv–Kharkiv : Vydavets O. A. Miroshnychenkoю Retrieved from: https://cpd.com.ua/ukr-eng%20covid-19_economics_ukraine.pdf [In Ukrainian].
- Lupenko, Yu.O., Mesel-Veseliak, V.Ya., Hryshchenko, O.Yu. & Volosiuk Yu.V. (2021). Prohnoz vyrobnytstva silskohospodarskoi produktsii v Ukraini u 2021 rotsi (berezen 2021 roku) [Forecast of agricultural production in Ukraine in 2021 (March 2021)]. Yu.O. Lupenko, V.Ya. Mesel-Veseliak (Ed.). Kyiv : NNTs «IAE» [In Ukrainian].
- Pro zapobihannia poshyrenniu na terytorii Ukrainy hostroi respiratornoi khvoroby COVID-19, sprychynenoi koronavirusom SARS-CoV-2 : Postanova Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 11.03.2020 r. # 211 [On preventing the spread of acute respiratory disease COVID-19 caused by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus on the territory of Ukraine: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated March 11, 2020 No. 211]. Verkhovna Rada Ukrainy. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/211-2020-%D0%BF#Text [In Ukrainian].
- Storonianska, I.Z. & Benovska, L.Ya. (2021). Ekonomika rehioniv v umovakh koronakryzy: tendentsii rozvytku ta yikh vplyv na podatkovi dokhody mistsevykh biudzhetiv [The economy of the regions in the context of the corona crisis: development trends and their impact on tax revenues of local budgets]. Ekonomika Ukrainy, 5, pp. 59–77. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.15407/economyukr.2021.05.059 [In Ukrainian].
- Tereshchenko, Yu. (2020). COVID-19: Vplyv na kharchovu promyslovist ta ahrobiznes [COVID-19: Impact on the food industry and agribusiness]. KPMG. 8 kvit., 2020 r. Retrieved from: https://home.kpmg/ua/uk/home/media/press-releases/2020/04/vplyv-na-kharchovu-promyslovist.html [In Ukrainian].
- Khodakivska, O.V., Shpykuliak, O.H. & Patyka, N.I. (2020). Chynnyky vplyvu poshyrennia pandemii COVID-19 ta karantynnykh zakhodiv na ahrarnyi sektor Ukrainy [Factors influencing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and quarantine measures on the agricultural sector of Ukraine]. Formuvannia suchasnoho ekonomichnoho prostoru: realii ta perspektyvy na maibutnie : mater. Mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf. (m. Dnipro, 19 hrud. 2020 r.). (pp. 41–45). Dnipro : NO «Perspektyva» [In Ukrainian].
- Yurchyshyn, V., et al. (2021). Chynnyky, skladovi i rezultaty zaprovadzhennia i realizatsii antykryzovoi polityky v okremykh krainakh svitu ta Ukraini [Factors, components and results of the introduction and implementation of anti-crisis policy in some countries and Ukraine]. Prohnoz sotsialno-ekonomichnoho rozvytku Ukrainy u 2021 r. V. Yurchyshyn (Ed.). Kyiv : Zapovit, 2021. Retrieved from: https://razumkov.org.ua/uploads/article/2021_ukraine_economic_forecast.pdf [In Ukrainian].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2021_06_p_26_41.pdf