ISSN 2413-2322 (Online)
ISSN 2221-1055 (Print)
UDS: 338.532.42:616-036.21 DOI: https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202108103
Price trends and price ratio in the COVID-19 pandemic: case analysis of some countries / Hubeni Yu.E., Bitter O.A. // Ekonomika APK. - 2021. - № 8 - P. 103
The purpose of the article is to investigate based on a situational analysis, the dynamics of some price trends and price ratios in the agri-food market in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, to develop a generalized forecast of their possible further development. Consider, according to the proposed hypothesis, how the price parameters of food products under the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic and related quarantine restrictions will undergo changes, depending on the effectiveness of economic policy and the adopted agricultural model. Research methods. It was based on a situational analysis of open data of price ratios and series of price dynamics for agricultural products and products of its processing. At the same time, the cost indicators were transformed at the current exchange rate of the NBU. Standard comparison methods, indices and logical analysis-synthesis were used. Some of the above positions were discussed with fellow scientists from foreign countries. Research results. Quarantine restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic have led to a decline in business activity and a reduction in export potential. This had a significant impact on the volume of GDP. However, the agrarian sector shows a significantly lower elasticity of operating and foreign economic activity. The price indices for agricultural products are showing some fluctuations, and recently a cautious upward trend. The total cost of the basket in Ukraine and Poland is close, but in Israel, it is 2.6 times higher than in Ukraine. This is due not only to significant differences in production conditions, but also to the different structure and organization of the industry. Scientific novelty. Consists of a study of the determinative effect of quarantine restrictions on price parameters and ratio in individual countries. Practical significance. Recommendations for strengthening the liberal component in foreign economic relations of agricultural circulation have been established. Tabl.: 3. Refs.: 12.
Key words: agricultural products; price; dynamics; Ukraine; Poland; Israel; pandemic; COVID-19
- Koszyk 50 produktów [Basket of 50 products], Retrieved from: https://www.dlahandlu.pl/koszyk [In Polish].
- Babii Leonid (2018). De deshevshe? Tsiny na produkty ta pobutovu khimiiu v Ukraini ta Polshchi [Where is cheaper? Prices for products and household chemicals in Ukraine and Poland]. Retrieved from: https://shoppingpl.com/post/200-de-deshevshe-tsiny-na-produkty-ta-pobutovu-khimiyu-v-ukrajini-ta-polshchi [In Ukrainian].
- Hubeni, Yu. & Bitter O. (2012) De nashi «ahrarni» uspikhy? Abo pro te, chomu spozhyvchyi koshyk susida maizhe napolovynu deshevshyi, nizh ukrainskyi [Where are our “agrarian” successes? Or why a neighbor's consumer basket is almost half cheaper than a Ukrainian one] Den, 112. Retrieved from: https://day.kyiv.ua/uk/article/ekonomika/de-nashi-agrarni-uspihi [In Ukrainian].
- Dynamika zrostannia tsin na silskohospodarski uhiddia v Polshchi [Dynamics of growth of prices for agricultural land in Poland] (2020). Retrieved from: https://ukraine.trade.gov.pl/ua [In Ukrainian].
- Indeks prodovol'stvennyh cen FAO [FAO Food Price Index] (2021). Retrieved from: https://www.fao.org/worldfoodsituation/foodpricesindex/ru/ [In Russian].
- Mohylnyi, O.M., Patyka, N.I. & Hryschenko, O.Yu. (2021). Vplyv karantynnykh obmezhen, pov’iazanykh iz COVID-19, na rynok pratsi ta zainiatist u silskii mistsevosti [Impact of COVID-19 quarantine restrictions on labor market and rural employment]. Ekonomika APK, 4, рр. 51-67 [In Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202104051
- Shpychak, O.M., Bodnar, O.V. & Shpychak, O.O. (2017). Teoretyko-metodolohichni ta praktychni osnovy tsinoutvorennia [Theoretical-methodological and practical basis of pricing]. Kyiv: TsP Komprynt [In Ukrainian].
- Lupenko, Yu.O., Pugachov, M.I., Dukhnytskyi, B.V., et al. (2015). Formuvannia hlobalnoho i rehionalnoho rynkiv silskohospodarskoi syrovyny ta prodovolstva: monohrafiia [Formation of global and regional markets for agricultural raw and food: monograph]. Yu.O. Lupenko & M.I. Pugachov (Eds.). Kyiv: NNTs IAE [In Ukrainian].
- Khodakivska, O.V., Pugachov, M.I., Patyka, N.I., Shpykuliak, O.H., Mohylnyi, O.M. & Tulush, L.D. (2020). Vplyv COVID-19 na ahrarnyi sektor ta prodovolchu bezpeku derzhavy [Impact of COVID-19 on the agrarian sector and country’s food security]. Ekonomika APK, 12, рр. 6-21 [In Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202012006
- Tsiny na produkty v Polshchi odni z nainyzhchykh v Yevropi [Prices for products in Poland are one of the lowest in Europe] (2019). Retrieved from: http://vsetutpl.com/tsiny-na-produkty-v-polschi-odni-z-naynyzhchykh-v-evropi [In Ukrainian].
- Shpykuliak, O.H., Khodakivska, O.V., Pugachov, M.I. & Hryschenko, O.Yu. (2021). Rozvytok ahrarnoho sektoru ekonomiky Ukrainy v umovakh vplyvu pandemii COVID-19 [Development of the agricultural sector of Ukrainian economy in conditions of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic]. Ekonomika APK, 6, рр. 26-41 [In Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.32317/2221-1055.202106026
- Shpychak, O.M. (2016). Problemy tsinoutvorennia v konteksti kupivelnoi spromozhnosti naselennia ta infliatsiinykh protsesiv [The matter of price-formation within the contest of pupulation`s purchasing capacity and inflation processes]. Ekonomika APK, 6, pp. 59-70. [In Ukrainian].
Read article: ekonomikaapk_2021_08_p_103_111.pdf